457 and Later Permanent Residency

Advice from Immigration Lawyers Sydney

The 457 VISA is for temporary residence in Australia. It is often a means to later gain permanent residency, usually after two years, though this is certainly not automatic.  Individuals intending to later acquire permanent residency can help their chances by filing as much of the required criteria as possible. Those filling the criteria can often be eligible for the permanent residency through the ENS Temporary Residence Transition Stream.

You must work at least two years in the job you were initially sponsored for.

You must have the 457 VISA throughout the duration of the employment.

Your work must be full time, in this case counted as 35 hours per week.

Unpaid leave is not included in two years; there must be two years of employment.

You cannot change employer.

Any company reorganization, any change of position within the company, may affect eligibility.

You require an IELTS ranking of at least 5. The test must have been conducted with the last 3 years.

Employers need to provide confirmation of position employment conditions.

Employers need to show they meet yearly training obligations with their staff.

Migration Agent Sydney

Talk to your migration lawyer in advance to see if there are any other ways to improve your chances of gaining permanent residency. There are methods to gain permanent residency through General Skilled Migration or ENS Direct Entry. There are also partner VISAs to consider.


Canadian Visas !

Hi all !

Today I have a post about working holiday visas, more specifically in Canada !

I’ve always loved Canada, I’m not too sure why but it has always been a place that I’ve wanted to go to. If you are like me and love Canada, maybe you could get a Canadian working holiday visa. My current job is quite okay so there’s no need for me to go to Canada for a visa, but if you would like to try something new, why not give it a go. They also have tourist / visitor visas if you do not wish to work there.

Canadian Working Holiday Visa

Canadian Working Holiday Visas are granted under International Experience Canada (IEC). IEC manages Canada’s youth mobility arrangements and agreements for multiple countries around the world. These arrangements and agreements make it easier for people from these countries to obtain a work permit, allowing them to travel and work in Canada for up to 12 Months or 24 months. These visas under the IEC are available for people aged 18 – 35, who are from one of the countries that have a working holiday arrangement or with Canada.

To find if your country has an agreement / arrangement, Click here !.

Canadian Tourist / Visitor Visa

Maybe you don’t want to go to Canada looking for work, instead you could apply for the Tourist / Visitor Visa. However, there are some requirements which you need to fulfil to ensure that you are eligible for a tourist / visitor visa.

You must :

  1. Have a valid travel document, such as a passport
  2. Be in good health
  3. Satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home, financial assets, family, that will take you back to your country of origin
  4. Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  5. Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.

On top of this, you may also need:

  • A temporary resident (visitor) visa, depending on your citizenship
  • A medical exam
  • A letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada

There are more requirements and they can be found here !

I missed last weeks post but hopefully it won’t happen again 🙂