Moving in our out, or when buying a new wardrobe or bed, our wooden floors are prone to scratching from heavy objects. It is imperative to protect these floors when moving objects.
Steps to prevent scratching Timber Floor Sydney
- Use doormats. You will be going in and out all day. Don’t track the garden in with you.
- Find old sheets, rugs and other larger items that you intend to discard after the move. Line floors with these.
- Furniture sliders solve just about all the moving problems. As you will roll the furniture rather than carry it you will have an easier time, and the floor will not by marked.
- If the floor is already covered with material you may find you can use cardboard to slide furniture across the room.
- Ramboard is a heavy duty floor protection material used during moving. It can be purchased at most hardware stores. Being reusable you only need enough to cover the largest room of the house and the path leading outside.
- Unlike other times you cannot leave your shoes off when entering the house; you will need to wear shoes to protect your feet when moving heavy objects. We suggest buying some soft sole boots for the move.
Bamboo flooring is prone to scratching, though properly aged bamboo and correct processing reduces this issue. We suggest using all the above precautions when moving large household objects.