Types of Dentists
- Endodontics: Specialize in the dental pulp inside the tooth and root canal therapy.
- Maxillofacial: Deals with extractions, implants and some facial misalignments.
- Periodontology: Studies and treats problems with the gums and some implants.
- Paediatric Dentistry: Simply dentistry for young children.
- Prosthodontics: Deals with dentures and dental bridges.
- Dental Epidemiology: The study of health problems in the general population causes and patterns.
- Orthodontist: Works with braces and alignment of teeth and jaws.
- Oral Pathology: Disorders that affect the mouth
- Public Health Dentistry: Inform and advise the community on problems and preventative techniques for teeth and mouth issues
The various types of dentistry overlap, and it is not unusual for a dentist to be qualified in more than one type of dentistry.
Sydney dentists at Dental Focus can address every type of regular dental care.