Fatigue, weight loss and stress affect the lives of many people. We often try to treat these with energy drinks, coffee fixes or sugary food. Of course the dubious benefits of these stimulants are short lived, and we often find we have an energy crash afterwards. Those who suspect that the fatigue is actually caused by the stimulants look to be right. It’s a mild addiction, with our energy levels being compromised by the stimulants we use to (temporarily) boost them.
The high sugar and increased caffeine intake we presently see is something not experienced many generations ago. It is a modern diet trend. Older generations, in some cases going back thousands of years, ate a more natural diet, at least when they had the opportunity to. They also know about adaptogens, substances that kept our physiology in good working order.
Adaptogens work to keep us functioning well, which basically means keeping in balance. Instead of providing short term energy an adaptogen will provide a sustained and steady energy reserve, and also allow the body to deal with changing situations. You can concentrate when you need to, and exert yourself should you have to. Adapogens allow the body to respond in an appropriate manner.
The Best adaptogens:
Some combinations also make effective adaptogens. Green tea has a combination of caffeine (in a low dose) and theanine, which allows green tea drinkers to have a relaxed focus rather than a jittery caffeine high.
Many substances like Korean Red Ginseng are best taken early in the day. They can cause insomnia it taken in the evening.
Booths at Trade-shows.
Trade-shows and booths work well for some industries. The people that are there are there for services you provide, or something similar, so you have a fairly good demographic for your business. It’s an opportunity to get straight to interested customers.
Prepare Print Media Sydney
Have flyers and other advertising media made well beforehand. Have a custom made booth/marquee which can be re-used.
- pull up banners Sydney
- posters Sydney
- stickers Sydney
- marquees Sydney
- T-shirts, if appropriate.
Before the show email any list of clients you have, and any other potential attendees.
Print and send out cards that offer a free item at your booth. This will give a good indication of who is paying attention to your advertising. Make sure to collect contact details on the cards.
The Booth/Marquees Sydney
Try to get a good position for a booth. The front of the show, the centre of the floor and booths on corners tend to get noticed. Booths next to eateries and restrooms get noticed too. There are many competitors there, so if you want to stand out a custom marquee can make all the difference.
Trade-shows can be expensive. We suggest preparing as well as humanly possible, and then seeing if the situation works for your company and industry. If you get some genuine connections, make some sales and get interested inquiries, continue to set up a booth at trade-shows. Else, use print media and the internet to advertise you company elsewhere.
Considerations with Solar Hydronic Heating
- You are buying more than just hardware. You are investing in a cheaper ongoing heating system, and helping to use less energy from the mains supply. This is environmentally sound
- There are options, and there is cost cutting. If you buy a substandard solar system it will not last as long as a better quality one, and cost money to replace. A decent system should last 25 years.
- If you use solar energy during the say you are saving during the peak electricity hours.
- Look at the house roof to find the best place for panels. A North/Norwest position is best, but there are ways to get quite good results from other surfaces.
- You can buy solar batteries for energy storage. 6kWhour batteries is now considered quite standard.
- The best time to install a solar system, and a hydronic heating system, is when the house is being built; you won’t have to replace a former system. Installing a solar system as part of a renovation is good too.
- It’s never too late to change to solar.
We tend to think of decals as decoration. Plenty of plastic model kits had decals to fill in the intricate details. But the vehicles that those plastic models represented had details that were often far from decorative. Military marking served a purpose, denoting the nationality was just one function of markings. Even the advertising on sports cars served a purpose beyond decoration. Plastic model decals were actually reproducing real world advertisements or military markings.
Mechanical and electrical hobbies often required labelling. Even something as basic as a radio needs numbers on a dial. Hobbyists could give their projects a professional look by using custom decals.
Guitar decals are popular for customizing instruments. This sees an overlap of style and function. Frets are marked for practical reasons. This is usually an inlay rather than a decal, but decals are used too. Controls are occasionally marked, but as these are few in number they are often left unmarked. Most other instrument decals are for decorative purposes.
Effects processors for guitars and other instruments use decals for labelling controls. As these controls are slightly more complex than the volume and tone knobs of the guitar this labelling is essential. The internet has many sites dedicated to DIY projects for guitars; they appear to be popular. Custom decals for these projects is quite useful.
Inkjet decal paper allows decals to be made at home, specifically designed for any project. Style and function can be combined with ease.
Don’t eat near a major tourist Site. These places will be expensive; you are paying for the view and location. A few of them have decent food, but the places the local frequent will be better food at a better price. North Korea tours won’t give you a choice- you eat where the tour eats. Some Japanese Package tours also choose the restaurant for you, but this can be an advantage- the package tours will get a group discount in return for providing regular customers, and the food will tend to be something that the tourists appreciate. Package tours will often use lesser known eateries rather than the tourist traps as
Don’t use Money Changers at the airport – the exchange rate and fees are too high. An ATM will get you a good deal, especially if it is linked to the same bank you have at home. Citibank operates in South Korea, so you can use a Citibank account from Australia. Find a card system without fees.
Don’t limit yourself to the same internet search engines. Search engines in your country will not give all the best results for a foreign country. And a foreign country will not always be in your language. But use different search engines for more results. And do look for suggestions from returning travellers.
Don’t compromise time to save money. You will only be on vacation for a few weeks or so. If you save $10.oo but have to walk for an hour, or wait for a connection, you are wasting vacation time. You probably aren’t coming back soon, so make use of the opportunities.
Self Defence when you alone are threatened with a confrontation.
- Avoid dangerous situations in the same way you avoid rush hour traffic. If you don’t really need to be in high risk neighbourhoods or dark alleys, then there is less risk of a fight. If you can avoid unstable individuals, all the better.
- Keeping your distance from an intoxicated or emotionally unstable person can help. Standing too close will violate their personal space, and that personal space might be several metres if they are emotionally unbalanced. This refers to a threatened person; a mugger will not allow you to move away.
- Occasionally an upset person can be reasoned with. If you can convince them they have done nothing wrong, and convince then you are no threat, you might avoid a physical fight. But it is often better to avoid any unstable or unpredictable situation.
- Ignore insults. You opponent doesn’t believe what they say any more than you do. Sometimes words are just ugly sounds that mean nothing.
- If you can walk away, do so. But do not turn your back on them. You cannot risk them hitting you from behind.
- Adrenaline will affect behaviour. This applies to both the attacker and the threatened individual. Some individuals automatically back off. Others unfamiliar with threatening situations find it difficult to withdraw once the adrenaline affects them. Those use to stress and adrenaline will understand themselves a little better and make a better decision.
- If there is a way to have an advantage in a fight it is keeping a clear head. This is no easy task; we never know how we are going to react till we experience the reality of the situation. Some training is of benefit here. The skills learn in martial arts are useful, but learning to react well in crisis is more important. If you have learn defence moves so that they come automatically, and you find you respond automatically when threatened, then the training is doing a lot of good.
Warn others of any danger whenever necessary.
Study of skeletons several centuries old has given some insight into vitamin D deficiency. We have known for many generations that vitamin D was essential for our health, and we have known that this extended to our teeth. Lack of vitamin D definitely had some detrimental effect on our oral health. But as controlled experiments are not possible, we cannot deliberately deprive individuals of nutrients to see how they suffer, we must rely on historical studies to see how individuals in the past were affected by diet deficiencies.
In the past much research into vitamin D was conducted on the bones of skeletal remains. But as bones alter throughout life, and interact with environmental conditions after death, the research was limited, if not flawed. The situation is different with teeth, however. Unlike bones teeth are not completely remodelled over time. Rather, they form internal layers over time, rather like the rings inside a growing tree. These layers provide an ongoing record of the individual, and allow researchers to understand how the availability or lack of vitamin D (and some other substances) affects dental health.
The days of people suffering rickets from severe vitamin D deficiency are gone. Such diseases are now rare given that we have discovered their cause. But less than optimal vitamin D levels will still compromise health. The good news is that it is the cheapest supplement in the world! Sun exposure creates vitamin D in the body. Provided we don’t let ourselves get sunburnt is it possible to create sufficient levels of vitamin D with moderate amounts of outdoor activity. We recommend exposing arm and legs, rather than the face, to the Sun as these areas of our body usually receive the least light. Early morning Sun exposure will help the body’s sleep cycle and improve our dental health, at absolutely no cost.